Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Off to the North Star State!

I was headed back north. North to the "Land of 10,000 Lakes". The state that hosts the city considered the coldest in the lower 48. Mosquitoes so thick that they block out the sun in the summer. Home to Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. Certainly a change from the urban sprawl I'd been seeing over the past few months.

Fortunately, I was sent to visit a lovely girl with a smile that just wouldn't end! Her name was Barefoot Dreamer. She had a bit of hippie in her (obvious with a name like that, don't you think?), and our first visit out was to see some of her friends. These hippies were a bit different than the eco-hippies I met in Florida. These were more of the patchouli scented, bocci ball playing type (hippies play bocci ball?). I did get passed around a bit, and ultimately got worn by BFD and her friend (OK, I understand that I'm a big shirt, but does everyone have to try the two-in-one trick?).

A couple days later, she and I spent some time down at one of the 10,000+ lakes, enjoying the summer sun.Besides her winning smile, the girl has killer legs! After a bit, we started wandering out into the water. One thing lead to another, and eventually, she tossed her top and I onto the beach, and I don't quite recall anything else beyond that point. But I was happy!


But, alas! All good things must come to an end. I was lovingly packed up, and sent on to Colorado. Little did I know what debauchery was to greet me next!

No comments: