Saturday, September 23, 2006

Held Captive

Without question, the last days of 2005 showed me a whole new life that I didn't know existed. It was, for the lack of a better term, scary. I had not seen so much alcohol, so much nekkid skin, so much other stuff in my entire life.

I have to admit that, for the parts that I remember, I had a good time. The dawn of 2006 saw me a little damaged, but looking forward to going home. It was sort of warm in Nashville, and the big guy would wear me anytime during the cold Montana winters. But I was ready to head back.

And then it happened. The big nothing. I spent the better part of the next 10 weeks as a captive. No attempts to send me back. No attempts by the big guy to come get me. Did I do something so horrible that he didn't want me back? Or that Kelly couldn't face me again? Was Sam going to come rescue me (I kinda liked her, too...)? Around mid-March, Kelly hands me off to her daughter. Finally! I've been noticed. But given to a young teenager? What horrors was I going to be subjected to now?

Actually, she's the one who showed me some love. She replaced all my buttons (all mismatched), and added a few 'extras'. Including a little jingly bell, a pink ribbon, and a few other things. The next thing you know, I've been packaged up and sent off in the mail. I'm finally going home! Or so I thought...

1 comment:

Samantha Alice said...

Not even worth a ransom demand... sigh...